Get Started with SoftChalk Cloud
Use SoftChalk Cloud to create interactive and engaging digital curriculum for use in any learning management system (or for use without an LMS).
- Let’s get started…
- Using SoftChalk Cloud with your LMS
- User Guides
- Training Opportunities
- Need Technical Info?
- FAQs and Support
Let’s get started…
|1.||Create your SoftChalk Cloud Account|
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the SoftChalk Cloud: Getting Started video (4:46 min.)
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the SoftChalk Cloud: Edit A Lesson video (4:48 min.)
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the SoftChalk Cloud: Interactive elements video (4:49 min.)
Need inspiration? Review our Sample SoftChalk Lessons.
Take a look at some of the sample lessons on the SoftChalk website to get an idea of how other educators have used SoftChalk Cloud. You can search for additional lessons and learning objects available in SoftChalk Share, our open educational resource learning object repository. And don’t forget to check out award-winning lessons from our annual SoftChalk Lesson Challenges.
Using SoftChalk Cloud with your LMS
SoftChalk Cloud is the fastest, easiest, most flexible way to create, manage and share digital curriculum in your school’s learning management system (LMS). Most LMSs are designed to help educators manage student coursework, assignments and evaluations but they have limited content authoring features. Content authoring is where SoftChalk Cloud shines and what makes it the perfect companion to your LMS. To get started, click the link below that matches your learning environment.
Check out these resources to get you onboard with SoftChalk Cloud.
- SoftChalk Cloud Quick Start Guide – This guide provides step-by-step instructions for setting-up your SoftChalk Cloud account, creating SoftChalk lessons, saving your lessons to the Cloud and adding links to your LMS.
- SoftChalk Cloud Guide – Complete details on using your SoftChalk Cloud account to create, manage and share digital content.
- SoftChalk Create Guide – Step-by-step instructions for SoftChalk Create, the content authoring program that comes with your SoftChalk Cloud account.
- Student Guide to SoftChalk Lessons – Guidelines and tips for students using SoftChalk lessons.
- Migration to SoftChalk Cloud Guide – Information for SoftChalk desktop users who are migrating content to SoftChalk Cloud.
Training Opportunities (free)
- Webinars – These live, one-hour webinars include step-by-step instructions and examples as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions and receive assistance from the instructor.
- Video Tutorials – Within minutes, you can master SoftChalk by viewing our step-by-step video tutorials. These videos are short, sweet and focused so you can pick and choose just the ones you need to get your eLearning content online with SoftChalk.
Need Technical Info?
If you’re experiencing difficulties getting started with SoftChalk Cloud, the following technical information may be of assistance.
- System Specifications
Please see our system specifications page for additional information about computer system requirements to use SoftChalk Cloud.
- Firewall Info
If your institution has a firewall, please see the FAQ: I think my institution has a firewall that is preventing me from saving content to SoftChalk Cloud. What should I do?