Blackboard Course Development Tool With LMS Integration
As online learning becomes more prevalent, you want the courses you develop to be engaging and interactive, so your students get the most of their educational experience. However, if you’re like many Blackboard course developers, you find the course creation options to be static, which doesn’t work for today’s learners.
At SoftChalk, we developed a Blackboard authoring tool designed to provide the fastest, easiest, and most flexible way to create, manage, and share interactive course content with no programming skills needed.
Our built-in authoring tool is where the SoftChalk cloud-based platform shines and what makes it the perfect companion product for your learning management system.
See Our Blackboard Authoring Tool in Action
Here’s an example of the type of course you can develop using our Blackboard authoring tool with LMS integration.
At SoftChalk Cloud, we want to make creating content for the Blackboard Learning Management System easier. That’s why we’ve developed our software with the benefits you need to experience the best of our Blackboard Authoring Tool.
Create Interactive, engaging, and accessible lessons
With SoftChalk, every educator can create awesome online lessons that are interactive and engaging for students. Include games, self-assessment quizzes, and annotated text to give your learners rich, interactive learning experiences that are delivered directly into your Blackboard course.
Efficient Content Management
SoftChalk makes it quick and easy to manage your Blackboard content. Create a SoftChalk lesson and link it into one or more courses in Blackboard. When you need to update your lesson, simply modify your lesson in SoftChalk Cloud, and every course in Blackboard that links to that lesson is automatically, simultaneously updated.
Track student score results from SoftChalk lessons directly into your Blackboard gradebook as well as view detailed student score results like time spent on the lesson, number of lesson attempts, and which questions and answers the student completed.
If you’ve ever transitioned your course content from one LMS to another, you know the challenges. SoftChalk content integrates with any LMS and it’s quick and easy to make the transition. You can even deliver your SoftChalk lessons into more than one LMS simultaneously.
Blackboard Authoring Tool User Testimonial
We pride ourselves on providing a user experience that improves the online learning process for educators and students. Here’s a testimonial from a Blackboard tech analyst who saw our software in action and now uses it in her lessons for faculty members.
Once I saw SoftChalk in action, I knew it was the solution faculty needed when creating content. I decided to use SoftChalk in order to make our tutorials more dynamic and interactive. The lessons are now much more interactive and engaging for the audience. My colleagues at Blackboard were blown away by the appearance and experience of the new tutorials—if only they knew how easy they were to create!
Blackboard Authoring Tool Resources
We’ve done our best to make the process of creating course content with SoftChalk as easy as possible. But we know you might still have some questions. You can check out our resources section to help you get acclimated to using SoftChalk as your Blackboard authoring tool.
Blackboard Authoring Tool User Guides
- Blackboard and SoftChalk Cloud Integration Guide – Link your SoftChalk Cloud lesson in Blackboard and include scores from SoftChalk lessons in your Blackboard gradebook.
- SoftChalk Cloud Quick Start Guide – Quickly set-up a SoftChalk Cloud account, create a SoftChalk lesson, save the lesson to the Cloud and add the link to your LMS.
- SoftChalk Cloud Guide – Complete details on using your SoftChalk Cloud account to create, manage and share your digital content.
- SoftChalk Create Guide – Step-by-Step instructions for SoftChalk Create, the content authoring program that comes with your SoftChalk Cloud account.
- Student Guide to SoftChalk Lessons – Guidelines and tips for students using SoftChalk lessons.
Blackboard Authoring Tool Webinars
- Introduction to SoftChalk Cloud – Ready to see SoftChalk Cloud in action? Then register for one of these webinars for an introduction to SoftChalk Cloud and Create!
- Using SoftChalk Cloud with Blackboard – Sign up for one of our LMS integration webinars to see how you can create inspiring learning experiences for your students using SoftChalk Cloud, then easily and seamlessly place your content into your LMS.
- Innovators in Online Learning – This series highlights educators who are using SoftChalk in innovative ways. These webinars are great for if you’re looking for new and exciting ways to use SoftChalk!
Blackboard Authoring Tool Video Tutorials
Link a Lesson into Blackboard
See how you can take content created and stored in SoftChalk
Cloud and place it into Blackboard using a hyperlink.
Track Scores into Blackboard’s Gradebook
See how you can link your SoftChalk Cloud lesson in Blackboard and
include scores from SoftChalk lessons in your Blackboard gradebook.
Embed a Lesson into Blackboard
See how you can take content created and stored in SoftChalk
Cloud and place it into Blackboard using the embed code.
Other Resources to Use With Your Blackboard Authoring Tool
- Short Courses – These live, one-hour webinars include a step-by-step instructions and examples as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions and receive assistance from the instructor.
- Sample Lessons – See sample lessons educators have created and shared using SoftChalk Cloud.
- Sample Interactives – See sample activities and quizzes to give you some ideas for interactives of your own.
- FAQs – See FAQs for SoftChalk Cloud in our Support Center.
Here’s a quick update from the SoftChalk Support Center.
For All Instructors:
The SoftChalk Support Team has just released a Student Guide to SoftChalk Lessons. This guide is an excellent resource for your students who are new to taking SoftChalk lessons. It also includes a troubleshooting section.
For Blackboard Administrators (Versions 9.0 and 9.1):
- SoftChalk also recently released the 1.0.7 Blackboard building block. This building block includes a Synchronize Copied Content tool, which allows any ScoreCenter content to transfer successfully to copied or imported courses. Both faculty and Blackboard administrators can use this tool.
- For questions and troubleshooting tips, please download our Blackboard Administrator Guide. In it you will find a complete checklist for any questions you may have installing our building block and using our ScoreCenter feature.
- Please notice that we also have an extensive FAQ section on our SoftChalk Support Center with questions relating to the Blackboard and our ScoreCenter.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to email the Support Team at email@example.com.