Canvas Content Authoring Tool
As online learning becomes standard practice, you want the eLearning courses you develop to provide students with an educational experience that enhances their learning. However, if you’re like many Canvas course developers, you find course creation options to be static, which doesn’t work for today’s learners.
At SoftChalk, we developed Canvas course authoring tools to provide the fastest, easiest, and most flexible way to create, manage, and share interactive course content with no programming skills needed.
Our built-in eLearning authoring tool is where the SoftChalk cloud-based platform shines and what makes it the perfect companion product for your learning management system.
The Benefits of Our Canvas Authoring Tool
At SoftChalk Cloud, we want to make creating content for the Canvas Authoring Tool Learning Management System easier. That’s why we’ve developed our software with the benefits you need to experience the best of our Canvas LMS.
Create Interactive, engaging, and accessible lessons
With SoftChalk, every educator can create awesome online lessons that are interactive and engaging for students. Include games, self-assessment quizzes, and annotated text to give your learners rich, interactive learning experiences that are delivered directly into your Canvas course.
Efficient Content Management
SoftChalk makes it quick and easy to manage your Canvas content. Create a SoftChalk lesson and link it into one or more courses in Canvas. When you need to update your lesson, simply modify your lesson in SoftChalk Cloud, and every course in Canvas that links to that lesson is automatically, simultaneously updated.
Track student score results from SoftChalk lessons directly into your Canvas grade book as well as view detailed student score results like time spent on the lesson, number of lesson attempts, and which questions and answers the student completed.
If you’ve ever transitioned your course content from one LMS to another, you know the challenges. SoftChalk content integrates with any LMS and it’s quick and easy to make the transition. You can even deliver your SoftChalk lessons into more than one LMS simultaneously.
Canvas Content Authoring Tool User Testimonial
We pride ourselves on providing a user experience that improves the online learning environment for educators and students. Here’s a testimonial from a National Board Certified Teacher and Librarian who uses SoftChalk for both her teaching and professional development needs.
SoftChalk allows us to easily organize information for both teaching and professional development because it makes it so easy to integrate our own content and then add SoftChalk’s interactive activities. Here in Hampton City Schools, we love having this resource to assist us in our instruction. Using SoftChalk for my work has helped me be more productive so that I am working smarter, instead of harder.
– Nancy Terrell, NBCT, Teacher Librarian
Canvas Content Authoring Tool User Guides
- SoftChalk Canvas Integration Guide – Link your SoftChalk Cloud lesson in Canvas and include scores from SoftChalk lessons in your Canvas gradebook.
- SoftChalk Cloud Quick Start Guide – Quickly set-up a SoftChalk Cloud account, create a SoftChalk lesson, save the lesson to the Cloud and add the link to your LMS.
- SoftChalk Cloud Guide – Complete details on using your SoftChalk Cloud account to create, manage, and share your digital content.
- SoftChalk Create Guide – Step-by-Step instructions for SoftChalk Create, the content authoring program that comes with your SoftChalk Cloud account.
- Student Guide to SoftChalk Lessons – Guidelines and tips for students using SoftChalk lessons.
Canvas Content Authoring Tool Webinars
See our complete webinar calendar.
Canvas Content Authoring Tool Video Tutorials
Embed a Lesson into Canvas
See how you can take content created and stored in SoftChalk Cloud and easily
place it into Canvas using the embed code.
Link a Lesson into Canvas
See how you can take content created and stored in SoftChalk Cloud and
place it into Canvas using a hyperlink.
Track Scores into Canvas’ Gradebook
See how you can link your SoftChalk Cloud lesson in Canvas and include scores
from SoftChalk lessons in your Canvas gradebook.
Install the Link Selector Tool in Canvas
(For System Administrators)
A guide for Canvas Administrators to show how they can install the SoftChalk Link Selector Tool so users can easily select SoftChalk Cloud content for use within the Canvas environment.
Other Resources to Use With Our Canvas Content Authoring Tool
- Webinars – These live, one-hour webinars include a step-by-step instructions and examples as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions and receive assistance from the instructor.
- Sample Lessons – See sample lessons educators have created and shared using SoftChalk Cloud.
- Sample Interactives – See sample activities and quizzes to give you some ideas for interactives of your own.
- FAQs – See FAQs for SoftChalk Cloud in our Support Center.