How can I create Open Education Resources that help save time and reduce costs?
Customized content can be time consuming and expensive to create. And, the cost of purchasing textbooks and other learning materials is growing exponentially. Educational institutions are looking for cost effective solutions that reduce time, effort and costs for themselves and their students.
Institutions are finding that it’s very cost effective to develop their own high-quality educational materials. Many are developing and sharing their content as Open Educational Resources (OERs). Educational content created with SoftChalk is compliant with e-learning standards ensuring that it is accessible by all learners through all modes of delivery making it the perfect tool to support OER initiatives.
SoftChalk also offers:
- SoftChalk Cloud, a learning object repository to publish your SoftChalk lessons, eCourses and learning objects to share with your peers. The learning objects live in the cloud and can be embedded or linked anywhere—other content repositories, email, media repositories, blogs and more!
- Media Search Tool – Search a variety of media repositories, such as CONNEXIONS™, MERLOT™ and College Open Textbooks, for high quality materials you can mix and mash into your SoftChalk materials.
- The ability to easily assign a Creative Commons License to materials you create and tag your SoftChalk content with Metadata to support search and discovery within repositories.
- Open Source LMS integration – SoftChalk content can be published into Moodle, SAKAI and DSpace—all very popular in the open education resource community.
- Standards compliant content – SoftChalk supports SCORM, Common Cartridge and LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) standards to ensure the content you create works in any LMS or delivery environment.