Using SoftChalk with Blackboard
SoftChalk enables educators within Blackboard communities to create engaging, interactive content, add it to their Blackboard courses and record detailed student scores for their SoftChalk content in the Blackboard gradebook.
SoftChalk Cloud integrates with Blackboard Learn 9.x and higher. SoftChalk Create for the Desktop integrates with Blackboard Learn 9.x and lower.
SoftChalk is a Blackboard Building Blocks Partner and is committed to providing effective, easy-to-use integration options for Blackboard.
If your institution has both SoftChalk Cloud users and non-SoftChalk Cloud users, then you will probably want to distribute links to both the Blackboard and SoftChalk Cloud Integration Guide and the Blackboard and SoftChalk Desktop Integration Guide.
If your institution is ONLY using SoftChalk Cloud and Blackboard, then you can distribute just the link to the Blackboard and SoftChalk Cloud Integration Guide.
BLACKBOARD ADMINISTRATORS: If you have both SoftChalk Cloud and non-SoftChalk Cloud users, you may want to enable the LTI feature AND install the SoftChalk Building Block. See details in the Blackboard and SoftChalk Cloud Integration Guide (Blackboard Administrator section) and the Blackboard Administrator Guide.
- Placing a SoftChalk Cloud Lesson into Blackboard SP10 or higher Using Learning Tool Interoperability Link – 2:40
- Placing a SoftChalk Cloud Lesson into Blackboard SP9 or lower Using Learning Tool Interoperability Link – 1:36
- Placing a SoftChalk Cloud Lesson into Blackboard as a Weblink – 2:18
- Placing a SoftChalk Create Lesson into Blackboard as a Scored Lesson – 2:11
- Placing a SoftChalk Create Lesson into Blackboard as a Non-Scored Lesson – 1:47
- SoftChalk 7 Package File – Manual Upload to Blackboard – 3:58
- SoftChalk 7 Desktop – Creating a Connection to Blackboard – 2:59